"We do not stop exercising because we grow old - we grow old because we stop exercising."- Dr. Kenneth Cooper

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Lab A2 Sprinting Lesson



I was very pleased with my redo of a lesson. Even though I didn't expect to do the lesson on Monday I think I adapted well. There wasn't much equipment to pick from like on Friday so I decided to teach about proper sprinting mechanics. I used Usain Bolt and the Olympics as my hook. I kept the cues simple by only having three cues. I did an okay job of keeping my ums and ahs to a minimum. The thing that I noticed I did a lot was say you guys so I need to work on not saying that. I also wished I had picked a better activity to preform the skill. I might have been able to give more feedback if I had the class do a up and down lap in the gym. I forgot to pin point a boy and a girl. This would have also caused the class to catch their breath because many of them were starting to get tired and their form was breaking down. So give more specific feedback, pinpoint, keep ums and ahs out, don't say you guys. Things I did well-had a loud voice, had a signal for attention, checked for understanding and made sure the class knew the cues, made sure the class knew the zig zag route, and gave feedback to boys and girls.

Time Coding A2
Transcript A2
Feedback Analysis A2