"We do not stop exercising because we grow old - we grow old because we stop exercising."- Dr. Kenneth Cooper

Friday, February 12, 2010

Disappointing Time Coding :(

I was really disappointed in myself even more when I broke down my lesson. I had a lot of instruction time and not enough activity. The only thing that I received a point for was not having any waiting time. I was thrown off with the question of how to make a spiral with your hand. I should have been confident and not self-guessed myself and said if you execute the throw correctly the ball will spiral. I wasted about thirty seconds and I should have been a little faster with my instruction to maximize engaged activity. I could have used scaffolding by referring back to the softball unit and drawing parallels between the two and made the instruction time. I think when I did the basketball layup after I did a good job of keeping the cues quick and simple. I need to remember not to make the cues to complicated and shorten the instruction time.
https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AUTPYQ3U9-NBZGh6N2hjdF8wZjJjcmc4bm4&hl=en