"We do not stop exercising because we grow old - we grow old because we stop exercising."- Dr. Kenneth Cooper

Monday, February 15, 2010

Day 10


Today's instant activity had black history month tied into exercise. There was stations set up all around the gymnasium. We read a little article about a famous African American and then did an exercise like push-ups or jumping jacks. In between the stations we had to crawl on the floor, skip, and other ways to keep the class moving. I had to teach a lesson after the instant activity and I didn't have any equipment so I decided to teach proper sprinting form. The next assignment is to critique it so I will save that for my next blog. After that Phil did his lesson over on the right handed lay up and then we broke up into groups with our TA's and talked about the jump rope lessons we'll have to teach this Wednesday and Friday. I have one the hardest skills so I am a little nervous. I am going to start working on it tomorrow for Friday's lesson.